Blog Josep Carreras - 10th Anniversary (2008 - 2018)

Ten years ago today, on 15th September 2008, this blog was launched under the name Josep Carreras - L'Anima di un Tenore. I was looking for the most suitable title in order to represent the artist, the only artist who could make me feel so defenseless and, year after year, make me know better my emotions and the deepest part of my soul. 


As some of you might remember, I didn't have the idea myself. Teresa García from Barcelona, a dear friend of mine which I had just come to virtually meet at that time, was to launch her own blog dedicated to tenor Rolando Villazón on the same day. When she informed me about her plan, I was surprised since I expected her to dedicate a blog to a Catalan singer instead (you know, Catalonia is a proud mother of amazing opera singers).

At that point, she invited me to do it myself, that I could be the right person to do that.

Honestly, I didn't know if I was the right person at all, but I was very young at that time and, pushed by my own youth, I just did it. Ten years later, I am still so grateful to her for such idea that changed my life.

I can assure you that I didn't expect that this project could possibly gain such a big dimension. Actually, I couldn't imagine what being responsible of a blog and running it really meant. Enthusiasm and satisfaction, discipline and dedication. Passion, but most of all the privilege of being a sort of ambassador of his values, an intermediary between this very artist and his fans and convey my own emotions.

In 10 years, the blog has developed and changed a lot, both in layout and style. It has its own accounts on main Social Media (Facebook and Twitter), on which is fully active and constantly up to date.
As a whole, the number of posts on the main page is almost 800, not to mention the Schedule section, and the Breaking News and the Historic Dates pages. Even though the number of blog posts per year has decreased lately, I assure you that I have always tried to do my very best to be up to this role and responsibility.

TEN YEARS - I am really happy and extremely proud of such an achievement, and I would like to thank you all with all my heart for such opportunity to share our admiration and affection towards the 'most beloved tenor of the world'. Your interest and support have been fundamental, post after post, year after year. Thank you all!

However, my deepest gratitude goes to the Artist and the Man who has inspired this project, the real drive of this engine.

When you make reference to a singer, an opera singer in this case, you need videos and audio-recordings for your content to be thorough. This is a big luck, since a blog is basically made of words, and sometimes words are not enough to really convey your feelings, especially when they are huge and overwhelming. This is even harder, when you deal with an extraordinary human being too.

I am used to say that I admire Josep Carreras the man at least as much as the artist, so you can just imagine. I always value his passionate phrasing, his sincere and seductive singing, his unique way of singing words and meaning them. Possibly, I value even more his humanity and generosity, his strength, his respect for other people, his incredible delicacy and humility which are quite amazing, if you consider what he has achieved in his life.

As I said before, no other artist but Josep Carreras can make me experience such emotions, so I hope that I have been capable enough to turn them into words and portray his masterful art and noble soul as they deserve. Anyway, music can reach what words cannot.

In order to celebrate this ten years, from 2008 to 2018, I would like to pick one video per year (according to availability), each of which can tell a bit of this wonderful story.

LONG LIVE
BLOG JOSEP CARRERAS
10 YEARS






Comments

  1. Carissima Luvi, ti ringrazio molto per la tua fedeltà nella memoria. 10 anni! Sono molto o molto pochi, dipendono da come si guarda. In ogni caso, mi congratulo con te per la tua perseveranza, per la qualità e l'eleganza del tuo blog, per la perfetta dedizione al nostro grande tenore di Sants. Brava, Luvi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enhorabuena Luvi !!!! Gracias !!! Muchas gracias por todo !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many thanks Luvi ! You really did and are doing a great job, which all of us dream of it, and you are doing it better day by day, the words here are the same touching as Josep's music, they are full of love and sincerity, we expect another ten years and many ten more years in the future for this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Recent comments